What words of advice could Carole Middleton possibly have given her daughter before she walked up the aisle of Westminster Abbey to marry her prince?
As Kate and William made their marriage vows not just in front of family and friends, but before a global audience of 2 billion people promising to keep their marriage vows in sickness and in health, for better or for worse, and until death do they part, what advice might her parents have given their daughter?
We asked Fabafterfifty readers what tips they would pass on to their children on their wedding day these are just some of the pearls of wisdom they chose to share:
1. Remember that marriage has to be worked at
2. Be open in your communication and give careful consideration of each others feelings
3. Be willing to make sacrifices from time to time
4. Never to go sleep on an argument
5. Create common interests but also factor time apart
6. Don’t forget small gestures like holding hands
7. Respect each other’s families
8. Be clear about financial and household responsibilities
9. Be spontaneous. Don’t allow your relationship to become boring or predictable
10. Appreciate your differences
11. Be kind to each other
12. Remember why you chose to marry in the first place!