Beat the heat – you can avoid make-up meltdown this summer. It’s Summer and it’s warm, sometimes even hot. But mostly it is humid even on cloudy days.
That humidity can wreak havoc with your make-up. And add to that a hot flush if you are having them and you have make-up melt down!! If you are on holiday it may not be such an issue as you may not be wearing much or any make-up at all.
But if you are not on holiday and want to look polished and together I am here to help. These simple adjustments to your make-up routine will help you look cool, calm and gorgeous.
The key to looking great is:
1) If it is very humid or you feel it is then skip your regular moisturiser. Instead opt for one that is super light weight or cut it out all together and go straight to step 2.
2) Apply an anti shine or mattifing primer to your t-zone.
3) Next choose a light weight pigment rich foundation or tinted moisturiser with an SPF. Rather than putting all over your face just apply to the areas that need it. Usually the central part of the face. Most women don’t need any on their forehead if they have a fringe. Alternatively, if your skin is looking good you may only need a touch of concealer here and there.
4) Pores a problem? In the heat our pores can look obvious but they needn’t. I suggest applying one of the many good pore minimising products after you have put on your foundation. Gently pat it on don’t rub.
5) If you need to add colour remember bronzer is not blusher. Give your skin a sunkissed glow by framing the face with bronzer. Apply a little at a time, across your forehead, under your cheek bones, along your jawline and under your chin. We always have that strange pale triangle under our chin whether we have a natural tan or a faux tan. So make sure you bronze there.
6) Add a pop of coral, pink or rose blush to the apples of your cheeks. A cheek stain will last the longest but they can be fiddly to use. To really get blush to last I layer it. I use a cream blush first then top it with a matching powder blush.
7) Eyes – keep them simple. I like using an eye primer to make the eyes look fresh. Then add a gel liner (these are longlasting ) in your favourite shade along the base of your top lashes. Give the liner a shadow effect by smudging it with your finger. Finish with waterproof mascara.
8) Lips look great with a tinted lip balm. There are so many great shades to choose from. And the best bit they don’t bleed and they condition your lips.
A final word. If the heat is making you perspire more then try Menosan Sage Drops or Menoforce tablets. These were recommended to me and they work.
I really hope my suggestions help you all look and feel fabulous this Summer.