Dear friends, hugs and welcome to another Monday Moment Of Calm, a quiet space to help you carve more moments of fun, laughter and calm into your day. Today’s post, 50 Ways You Can “Stay Calm And Carry On” offers you 50 everyday ways to find calm during chaotic times, such as divorce, poor health, financial loss, because life is precious and when you’re down it is easy to lose sight of your inner goddess and lose hope.
As you know, the “Keep Calm and Carry On” quote was created by the Ministry of Information as part of their morale booster posters to be displayed across the British Isle at the outbreak of WW2. Even though we are no longer at war, the message “keep calm” and “carry on” is pertinent today as it was back then.
If you are going through hard times and struggling to find calm and inner peace, here are 50 things you can today to help boost your energy and find the strength and faith to carry on.
50 Ways to “Stay Calm And Carry On”
- Unplug and give yourself permission to rest and restore.
- Phone a trustworthy and supportive friend and allow yourself to open up and share what’s going on.
- Seek support from online support groups.
- Drink a glass of water as this helps to refresh your body and hydrate your brain cells.
- Smile J
- Open your mouth wide and Roooooaaaar like a lion.
- Watch an inspirational movie. Walt Disney’s “The Princess and The Frog” is my all time pick-me-up fav movie. What’s yours?
- Go for a walk. Even if it’s cold outside, wrap yourself up warm and go for a stroll around the block.
- Put on your fav music and sing and dance your troubles away. Kelly Clarkson “Stronger” always makes me feel badass!
- Have a cup of tea. Take your time, get out your favourite mug or best china tea set and savour every sip.
- Meditate. You know I had to slip that one in!
- Write your troubles down. Set the timer for 10 minutes and write everything that is upsetting you down. Then…
- Have a shower or relaxing bath. Add your fav essential oils for extra TLC.
- Take good quality herbal supplements, such as Echinacea or guarana, which essentially help to boost your immune system.
- Eat a bar of quality dark chocolate with high coco content.
- Switch on your TV and watch a nature documentary.
- Splash cold water on your wrists.
- Grab a cushion and rolling pin and thump the cushion hard…at least 10 times!
- Sprinkle a few drops of lavender essential oil onto your pillow before you go to bed.
- Colour a mandala.
- Water your plants or talk to them.
- Whistle your fav tune. As a child my father didn’t allow me to whistle in the house because “you’re a girl” he would say. However, I still whistled and always felt better afterwards.
- Take up a creative activity like knitting, pottery or gardening.
- Focus on your breath. Whisper softly to yourself as you breathe, “I breathe in… I breathe out… I breathe in… I breathe out…”
- Read your fav wellbeing blog. There are lots of articles here which inspire and support you.
- De-clutter your cupboards.
- Go for a therapeutic massage.
- Go for a sauna.
- Book a spa day.
- Open your mouth, wide and say the words, “aaaahh”, “ooooh” and “meee” three times each.
- Write a haiku poem.
- Book a hair dressers appointment.
- Steam your face. Add a few drops of your favourite calming essential oils to the bowl of water.
- Read a book of inspirational quotes.
- Create a vision board.
- Wear something cheery and bright.
- Treat yourself to sexy new underwear.
- Give yourself a bear hug.
- Pray. If you are not religious, you can say a few simple words like “May I be happy, may I be safe, may all being live in peace”.
- Empty your handbag. You’ll be surprised at how lighter you’ll feel.
- Keep the faith, as my mum always says “the longest night has an end”.
- Arrange a girly night-in.
- Make a commitment to do 5 acts if random kindness today.
- Give yourself a gentle head massage.
- Treat yourself to a pedicure.
- Write the words “My Ideal Day” and using the present tense, write out your perfect day scenario. Read this aloud every night before going to bed.
- Shake your hands loosely in front of your body for 1 minute.
I’ve left #50 blank for you to add your favourite “Keep Calm and Carry On” tip. to inspire and support other readers. And, I’d love it if you shared your #50 tip in the comment box below to share with other reader, because that’s how we roll!
And if you enjoyed this article please share it 🙂
Till next week keep shining and smiling.