I asked Sarah to share with us the best exercises to flatten our stomachs -these exercises are designed to flatten your tummy and improve your posture and core. They are small selection from the exercises in Sarah’s ebook The Little Exercise Book for a Flatter Tummy. Looking forward to comparing notes!
The Plank Exercise
• Lie face down resting on the forearms
• Place forearms flat on the floor
• Push off the floor, raising up onto toes and resting on the
• Keep your back flat, in a straight line from head to heels.
Pull in abdominals and pull up your pelvic floor.
• Start by holding for a few seconds and building up to 1
• Lie flat on the floor with your abdominals pulled in
• Support your head with your hands and raise up from the
floor to create a mild tension in the abdominals
• Bring your knees up to a 45-degree angle and slowly go
through a bicycle pedalling motion.
• To make this exercise more difficult, raise your head and
• Aim to do 20 cycles and gradually increase as you become
• Stand with feet hip width apart
• Keep your hands stretched out (like a plane) at shoulder
level, fixing your right leg into the ground
• Slowly start lifting your left leg off the ground, keeping the
leg as straight as you can. Focus your attention on a point.
• Aim to get your upper body parallel to the floor and hold
this position for a few seconds. Make sure your abdominals
are pulled in.
• As you improve, you will gradually begin to increase your
• Lower the right leg and repeat on the left (you may find that
you can balance better on one side but this will improve with