Andrew Barton and his expert team at his flagship salon in Covent Garden recommend their top 5 tips for summer.
1. Hair takes a battering in the summer not only from the sun and heat but also from air conditioning leaving hair parched and lacking in moisture. AC is one of the most drying environmental aggressors we live in especially for hair and skin. It’s vital that moisture is replaced in the hair by using a deep conditioning mask religiously at least once a week. Try Andrew Barton SOS Treat Me Deeply Treatment mask available from ASDA packed with Shea Butter Protein it replaces lost moisture.
Add glamour to your summer hair regime
2. Add glamour to your summer hair care regime while in the sun by keeping your hair and skin protected with a hat. This seasons trilbys, panamas and hippy floppy hats are bang on trend… the only one I’d recommend avoiding over 50 is a cowboy hat… it’s just a little too try hard!
3. Thinking about taking a holiday and not sure when to cut and colour before or after! Do it before you go… of course you want to look and feel your best for your holiday.
4. Andrew Barton SOS Last Another Day dry shampoo is a brilliant way of making a blowdry last another day whilst enjoying the summer in or outdoors.
5. And if your going to swim make sure you use a leave in protector or if you want to be careful what you pack, you could use your regular conditioner on dry hair and it will give you some protection.
Photo credit: Africa