Most of my single female friends complain that there seems to be a lack of ‘good’ men who are single, available and willing to date women over 50. I am always being asked ‘surely you must know someone normal you can introduce me to?’.
I was surprised to have recent conversations with some single male friends who seemed to be of a similar opinion – but in reverse. They seem to feel it’s impossible to meet single suitable women to form lasting relationships with. And for the men they say it often goes wrong on the very first date.
So what did the men have to say about they think women are doing wrong on a first date?
First date mistakes
- Trying too hard, playing too hard and not giving a sense of what they are like as a person.
- Talking too much about their divorce/ex husband.
- Only talking about themselves.
- Complaining about the lack of suitable single men.
- Suggesting somewhere expensive as a meeting place.
- Running the date like an interview- asking too much about career, prospects and financial stability.
- Not being relaxed.
- Asking too many questions about past relationships.
- Keep checking their phone.
- Giving the impression of being a bunny boiler!
I’m the women would have plenty to say about what the men do wrong on a first date too. Definitely food for thought!
If you feel you want some suport from other members when it comes to dating, we have set up a dating and relationships group in the community section of the website where you ask for dating advice, share your experiences of the various dating websites, find a dating ‘buddy’ etc. It might be good to connect with other daters and benefit from their advice and experience!