These tips are for most everyone, whatever is going on in your life, whatever your mood, from OK to everyday moody blues to deep depression…
Except if you suffer from manic depression or bipolar disorder. In which case, avoid these tips like the plague! Anything which might trigger mania is best left well alone.
For the rest of us, these 7 tips to reconnect with your Passion work like magic…
7 tips to reconnect with your passion
- With both feet together, jump up and down like a pogo stick vigorously and speedily. That should be enough to get those ole feel good factor chemicals racing through your veins and, hey presto, to feel Passion in your body.
- Remember a time when you felt on top of the world, full of Passion and raring to go. Notice how just remembering connects you with feelings of Passion.
- Put on some high energy sock-it-to-me baby music and dance your booty off! Notice how the energy ripples through you like a gorgeous surfing wave.
- Ask yourself, “What turns me on?” Is it being by the sea or climbing hills? Is it reading the classics or poetry or a biography of a person you admire? Is it art, music, cookery, physics, psychology, social history, interior or garden design, etcetera etcetera…? Is it seeing, hearing, sensing or doing the ‘thang?’ Whatever it is, go be or do it and… kazam… There’s your Passion!
- Think of a passionate person you admire. Close your eyes and imagine you are that person. Spend at least 10 minutes acting ‘as if’ you are them and prepare to be surprised and delighted by what you discover.
- Ask your Inner Wisdom what’s positive about your Passion. Then intuit where you’re keeping Passion in your body and, as if talking to another person, give it that positive feedback. Then just watch and feel it glow.
- Look at yourself in a mirror, deeply into your eyes, and say out loud to yourself, “You have a right to live with and love your Passion.” Repeat the sentence 9 times more, still looking deeply into your eyes, and once a day over 21 days. Be easy with any emotion doing this stirs up in you. And, by day 21, tell me you haven’t connected with your Passion big time!
If you’d like to neutralise a major obstacle which gets in the way of your Passion, keep an eye out for my next blog which tells you how…
© 2013 Sharon Eden and The Passion Whisperer