Blessings and hugs dear radiant friends…welcome to another Fab after Fifty Moment of Calm. A quiet space online to sow seeds of love, peace and calm within your heart.
When you are feeling blue and don’t know what to do, rather than waste time spinning your wheels and chasing the white rabbit down the rabbit hole, practice this simple yoga breathing exercise.
Within seconds your thoughts will slow down and you regain your ability to work from a place of love and calm rather than a space of fear, frustration and anxiety
- Sit in a comfortable position and give yourself permission to relax and unwind for 2 -10 minutes.
- Turn your attention to your breath and listen to the sound and movement of your every day breath flowing softly in and out through your nose. If you wish you can close your eyes.
- On your next breath, slowly breathe in and quietly count/say “one”. Breathe out and count “two”. Breathe in and count “three”, breathe out and count “four”…Continue counting your breaths up to number 10. When you reach number 10, go back to number one and repeat the practice for 2-10 minutes.
- If your mind wanders during the practice and you lose concentration, that’s ok, just return your attention back to your breath and begin counting from number one….
- And when you are ready, if your eyes are closed, slowly open your eyes and notice what you notice about your mind state and energy of your thoughts.
Final Thoughts and Reflections
We’d love to know how you feel after practicing this easy Count the Breath meditation. How easy or difficult did you find the practice? Do you feel lighter, calmer, and clearer? Please share your experience in the comment box below as you never know whose heart your words will touch.
And as we draw today’s post to a close, feel free to share the love and encourage your friends and loved ones to tune into next week’s Moment of Calm by clicking on your favourite social media icon below.
Thank you and take special care of you.