Hugs and sunshine blessings gentle readers, and welcome to your weekly Monday Moment of Calm from fabafter50. In today’s post we look at 5 groups of everyday foods you can eat to reduce the negative effects of stress on your body, which means it is easier for you to stay calm under pressure!
What Do You Eat When Stressed?
To stay calm and balanced, particularly when the pressure is on, it is important you eat foods which support and nourish your body, especially your adrenal glands which take the bulk of your stress.
I know how tempting it is too reach for the last slice of cake or grab a cup of coffee to keep you going, yet the best way to build and sustain your energy through the day is to eat foods which are naturally nutritional-rich in potassium, calcium, magnesium and vitamin A, Bs and C.
Stress-Busting Foods Which Calm You Down
Here is a quick rundown of everyday foods to eat which have a slow-release energy to nourish and sustain you throughout the day.
- Nuts and Seeds Almonds, Brazil nuts, walnuts, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.
- Green leafy vegetables such as kale, celery, parsley, watercress, rocket and non leafy vegetables for example yam, sweet potatoes and butter beans.
- Fruit for example, kiwi fruits, oranges, cantaloupe melon, blueberries, peaches, avocados and guavas.
- Whole grains which include millet, bulgur wheat and wholegrain brown rice.
- Herbal teas particularly chamomile, valerian and passion flower.
To recap, there are many ways to reduce stress and find moments of calm in your demanding day, simple exercises such as the ones we covered last week and today’s quick list of everyday nutritionally rich foods which feed your soul and support your adrenal glands keep in tip-top condition.
What foods do you automatically reach for when stressed? How many of the above wholesome calming foods do you consciously choose to eat? We’d love to hear your culinary delights! Share your snacks or foods in the comment box below. Thank you.
Remember to share the love…
If you know anyone who you think needs a gentle reminder to eat more nutritious rich foods to reduce their stress, do them a favour and forward this email to them via Twitter of facebook. Thank you!
Stay blessed, be happy and look out for next week’s Moment of Calm.