Bless you and welcome dear gentle hearted friends to Monday’s Moment of Calm, a quiet space for you to pause, tune in and make space in your day for you. Today’s Moment of Calm is a simple yoga breathing exercise you can do in two minutes whilst waiting for the kettle to boil! As busy women, I know how full and demanding your days are and it’s easy to put your needs for peace and quiet on the back burner as you are “too busy” and “too tired” looking after everything and everyone else and not make time to care for yourself.
We encourage you to take just two minutes out of your day to practice this simple calming yoga breathing exercise, you will feel stronger, calmer and clearer which means you’ll have more energy to manage your day in a more peaceful and productive way.
Note to Self – As with all yoga breathing exercises, please respect and listen to your body. Move with grace and appreciation of the wonders of your breath.
2 Minute Calming Yoga Breathing Exercise for Inner Peace and Calm
This easy yoga breathing exercise can be practiced as you wait for the kettle to boil!
- Take a moment to stand in a comfortable upright position, have your feet hip distance apart, lengthen your spine, lower your shoulders and allow your head to float up as you lengthen your neck. Allow your arms to hang loosely by your side.
- Take a slow steady breath in through your nose and gently breathe out, again through your nose. Repeat 3-5 times.
- Turn your attention to your arms. Inhale slowly and deeply as you raise your arms gracefully upwards in front of your body, until your hands are level with your waist.
- Exhale and return your arms to rest beside your body with your fingers pointing downwards towards the floor.
- Inhale deeply and take your arms backwards until your hands are in line with your lower back/waistline.
- Exhale slowly and return your arms to rest beside your body.
- Repeat steps #3 to #6 for five to ten more cycles…or until your kettle boils!
Yay!!! Well done. Enjoy your cuppa!
Sometimes it just takes a few minutes of turning your attention to your breath and gentle exercise to bring yourself back into a centre of calm, tranquillity and inner peace.
We hope you find the time to practice today’s 2 minute Calming Yoga Breathing exercise —we’d love to know what difference it made to your mood and how easy you found the exercise to fit into your full day. Kindly share your thoughts and sensations to inspire and encourage other busy women to take time-out to rest and breathe more moments of calm into their day.
And if you feel your girl-friends and work colleagues will benefit from this simple calming yoga breath, feel free to share with them via your favourite social media site. Thank you.
Take special care of you and may you day be filled with peace and light