Bless you dear friends and hugs and welcome to new visitors. As usual we are glad you are here and thanks for your visit. Today’s Moment of Calm is a simple relaxation exercise you can do in 2-5 minutes anywhere, anytime you want a stress-free body! It’s ideal to do in bed, to help you get a good night’s sleep, or sitting on a chair at your desk especially if you have been stuck on the computer for a long period of time; you may even practice it on the way home from work sitting (or standing) in the tube.
Benefits: The relaxation exercise is quick and easy to do and helps to relieve tense, sore muscles and promotes a deep sense of calmness and relaxation in your body.
As usual, with any form of exercise we suggest, please remember to listen to your body and work within your own comfort range. Any sign of physical pain, stop and if necessary check it out with your GP or natural health care practitioner.
1. If lying down on your bed, lie flat on your back, have your feet flat on the bed with your knees up. Have your arm a few inches from the sides of your body, with the palms facing up. Tuck your chin in, so you have a nice long neck.
2. If sitting down (or standing up), make sure your feet are flat on the ground, hip distance apart, toes pointing forward; lower your shoulders and relax your jaw.
3. Next… Follow this sequence for a stress free body
4. Repeat the following sequence by tensing the muscle/body part being tensed, hold for a count of 1…2…3…then relax and move onto next body part, hold it for a count of 1…2…3… relax and move on to the next part and repeat the tense hold relax… sequence.
5. Follow this sequence
- Spend a few moments tuning into your everyday breath then when your mind feels settled… turn your attention to your…
- Left foot, curl up and squeeze the toes on the left foot…hold for a count of 1…2…3… then relax. Repeat on your right foot.
Follow this order of tensing, holding and relaxing…
- Left calf then your right calf
- Left thigh then your right thigh
- Left buttock then your right buttock
- Lower belly…squeeze in…hold 1…2…3… relax
- Left buttock…squeeze …hold 1…2…3… then your right buttock
- Left hand, squeeze your fingers..1…2…3…relax and stretch out your fingers then relax, then the fingers on your right hand
- Left hand, raise it up a few inches, tense 1…2…3… relax then right arm
- Lift your chest up, squeeze your shoulder blades together 1…2…3… relax
- Lift left shoulders up to left ear, then right shoulder
- Raise your eyebrows upto your hairline, hold 1…2…3… relax
- Squeeze your eyebrows together, hold 1…2…3… relax
- Clench your eyes shut, hold 1…2…3… relax
- Suck your cheeks in hold 1…2…3…. relax
- Clench your back teeth together, hold 1…2…3… relax
- Squeeze whole face up tight like a prune, hold 1…2…3…relax
- Gently turn your head to the right side, then over to the left and back to the centre
Gently remain where you are for a few more moments, listening to your everyday breath and noticing what you notice about your mind state and body sensations; give yourself a hug and when you are ready, gracefully reengage with the rest of your day.
To Sum Up…
Yay!!!! Well done. How do you feel now and what difference do you notice about the way your body feels? Kindly share your experience in the comment box below. Thank you.
Till next week…have a beautiful week. Group hug and of course, we’d love you to share the love with friends and family via your fav social media button below. Click on it now!
Thanks for your time and energy