1. Avoid and reduce stress as much as possible. Stress is one of the most common causes of premature ageing, so take time to relax and have a little humour in your life.
2. Spend as much time with your family and friends. An increase in social connections can help improve the quality of life and can influence life extension.
3. Oxygen is vital for keeping your body healthy. Make sure you get plenty of fresh air and ensure you have plenty of plants around you at home and at work.
4. Whilst keeping active can help fight the loss of stamina, muscle strength, balance and bone density associated with ageing. Exercising your mind is equally important to exercising your body. A healthy and active mind will help you feel younger. Try learning something new to keep your brain stimulated.
5. Having the right amount of sleep is essential to staying young. Taking a short nap can make a huge difference to thinking clearly and feeling happy, but make sure it’s just after lunch so that night sleeping is not disrupted.
Do something new
6. Keep the brain active by doing something new every day – clean your teeth with the other hand or take a new route to work
7. Laughter releases endorphins thus relieving pain, reduces stress hormones and boosts the immunity system. So put on those comedy DVDs and laugh a lot!
8. The facial feedback hypothesis suggests that facial expressions influence our emotions. So smile and feel better. It’s the greatest facelift in the world! Also stand tall. Good posture can make us look 10 years younger and much more confidant.