Bless you dear friends and welcome to today’s Moment of Calm – Rise and Shine: 3 Easy Yoga-in-Bed Exercises To Ease You Into Your Day.
Do you know most women I meet say they would love to do yoga yet just don’t have the time to go yoga classes or feel they are too unfit or inflexible to do yoga? Today’s post can help you with that because we offer you 3 easy Yoga-in-Bed Rise and Shine exercises you can do when you wake up lying in your bed!
How cool is that! In fact, this is one of the routines I do to help prepare me for my day. Have a go and let us know how you get on.
Rise and Shine: 3 Easy Yoga-in-Bed Exercises
1. Yoga-in-Bed Rise and Shine Back Stretch
As you slowly wake up, gently stretch out and roll over to lie on your back. Spend a few moments giving yourself a gentle s-t-r-e-t-c-h, point your toes, stretch your fingers and feel your body softly coming alive.
NEXT: Gently hug both knees to your chest, clasp your hands behind the back of your knees (keep your head resting on your pillow) and gently rock your body from side to side. Lower your feet back to your bed and spend a few moments just enjoying that sensation of waking up your body.
2. Yoga-in-Bed Rise and Shine Breathing Exercise
- Still lying down on your back, with your feet resting on your bed, hip distant apart and knees pointing upwards, place your right palm on your lower abdomen and your left palm on your upper chest, just below your collar bones.
- Let your elbows rest on the bed and make sure you feel secure. Keep your chin tucked in; check your lower back feel supported and comfortable.
- Breathe slowly in through your nose and as you do so, consciously focus on your hands and become aware of your hands and feel your hands rise up as you breathe in (through your nose) and lowering on the out-breath.
- As you settle into this awareness, start to consciously breathe in (through your nose) for a count of 1—2—3 and breathe-out for a count of 1—2—3.
- Repeat this yogic breathing for 3 – 7 more cycles, each time, allowing the breath to be fuller and deeper.
3. Yoga-in-Bed Rise and Shine ArmStretch Above Head
- Finally, place your hands on your thighs, breathe in and slowly stretch your arms up in the air above your head.
- Slowly breathe out and return your arms to your thighs.
- Repeat Arm Stretch Above your Head 3 – 5 times.
And when you are ready, give yourself one final full body s-t-r-e-t-c-h, smile and give yourself a hug. Hug yourself deeply. Squeeze your arms around your chest. As you hug yourself, smile and be happy for being the magical woman you are. Spend a few minutes resting quietly, smiling to yourself and feeling glad to be you.
You are now ready to start your day!
The Yoga-in-Bed Rise and Shine is one of the practices I regularly do to help ease me into my morning routine. Once I have done that, especially the breathing exercise, I’m energised, ready to get up, meditate and get on with the rest of my day.
What early morning routines do you have to ease you into your day? Please share your daily tips in the comment box below.
And if you enjoyed this blog please like and share. Thank you.
Have a blessed day
Peace and hugs