Healthy Eating doesn’t have to be boring. This recipe for Grilled Peaches, Hazelnuts and Raspberry is taken from The Detox Kitchen Bible By Lily Simpson & Rob Hobson
At the height of summer, when you find a perfectly ripe peach, its flesh seems to want to burst out of its skin. That’s when it’s time to make this recipe for fragrant peaches with tart-sweet raspberries. It is the ultimate summer pudding. Fruit-based desserts like this offer a useful way to increase your fibre intake, which will help to maintain healthy digestion.
150g fresh raspberries
1 tbsp runny honey
4 of the ripest peaches you can find
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line a small baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- First make the coulis. Put the raspberries in a blender and blitz for 2 minutes to make a purée. Pass through a sieve to remove the seeds and set aside.
- Mix the hazelnuts with the honey and spread on the baking tray. Roast in the heated oven for 10 minutes. Allow to cool, then place in a plastic bag and gently bash the nuts to break them down into smaller pieces.
- Set a ridged griddle/grill pan on a high heat. You want to get the griddle as hot as possible so that the peaches won’t stick. Cut them into eighths (discard the stones). Place the peach wedges on the griddle and cook for 30 seconds on each side.
- To assemble the dish, place the peaches on the plates and sprinkle with the hazelnuts. Pour the coulis over and around the peaches.
Serves 4 • 150 calories per serving
The Detox Kitchen Bible
By Lily Simpson & Rob Hobson Published by Bloomsbury,
Lily Simpson runs The Detox Kitchen, whose boutique delis and specially designed health menus have won thousands of customers – including international celebrities such as Elle Macpherson, Sophie Dahl and Suki Waterhouse. She and consultant nutritionist Rob Hobson are devoted to their philosophy of great health through great food.
Inside this book are 200 of Lily’s exquisite recipes – brightly delicious and packed full of flavour thanks to her clever combinations of herbs, spices and oils. All wheat?, dairy? and refined sugar?free, you’ll find recipes for invigorating breakfasts, zingy raw salads, delicious snacks and dips, vibrant fish and meat dishes, and scrumptious sweet treats. But this is not just a recipe book. Rob explains how to use these dishes to target your health needs, whether that’s losing weight, gaining energy, getting clearer skin – or just having a weekend detox after a few days of indulgence. Eat your way to glowing health with this smart new guide to daily wellbeing.