Article by Anna Letitia Cook
There have been sages and wise women throughout the ages. What has helped make them the all-seeing beings that they were, and are?
How often do you see (and envy) someone who always seems happy, relaxed and positive? A person who flows through problems and difficulties with the minimum of fuss and upset? Do you know why they manage this so well? Here are some fundamentals to help you acquire their resilience, serenity and energy!
- Know yourself and be honest with yourself.
- Know and accept who you really are, what you really think, your own values and don’t kid yourself about why you think, say, do and and react the way you do (you don’t need to tell anyone else any of it – just be totally honest with yourself!)
- Know what you really want in your life – your strengths, beliefs, priorities, talents and your passions. When you know what lights your fire, you can decide how to use this knowledge to create more happiness and serenity in your own life, and that of those around you.
- Loving what is – what other people think and do is their problem, not yours. Keep your focus on loving the good things that happen in your day and your life and let all the rest wash over you without taking any of it personally. You aren’t inside other people’s heads, so you don’t know why they give the appearance that they do.
Remember the great words of Don Miguel Ruiz:
- Be Impeccable With Your Word.
- Don’t Take Anything Personally.
- Don’t Make Assumptions.
- Always Do Your Best.
Use this women’s wisdom and your life will be a much happier, stress free, fulfilling and enlightening experience!
* * * *
“Anna Cook is particularly passionate about mentoring women executives, and the 50+ sector, in finding clarity in their career choices to achieve freedom, fulfilment and leadership success. She created and became CEO of her first company in the entertainment industry at age 32. Midlife approaching, hungry for a dynamic change, she refocused her experience, founding WomenUP Ltd, focusing on the challenges of corporate gender balance strategy”. Creator of the process SCOPE for career, fulfilment and success. She is currently working on her first book ‘Liberate Your Career: The Women’s Guide to Freedom and Fulfilment’, with plans for a second, ‘Glass Ceiling Grans’, early next year.
On the personal front: Mum, ‘flattie’ owner, horse lover, ballet fanatic, hiker! Into castle renovations, sculpture, farming, yoga. Drinks tea… Bosslady at @WomenUPGlobal.