Article by Sandra Baker
It’s only expected that when you join a dating site, you’re going to want to make use of all the features the site has to offer and one of the favored features are the chat rooms. In the chat rooms, you’ll be able to meet and connect with people much quicker than if you were to wait for them to respond to your messages. Why you can even bypass the whole message system if you truly wanted to! By using the available chat feature on the website, not only will you be able to communicate to someone in real time, but you can have multiple conversations going on simultaneously. Think about it; you could have a local flirt with someone in one chat window and have a private message going on with someone else in another window.
As awesome as that all sounds, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind before diving in, head first. It’s a good idea to make the best first impression that you can!
Chat Room Don’ts:
- You do not want to type in all capital letters LIKE THIS BECAUSE IT IS CONSIDERED YELLING. See? Doesn’t that portion of the sentence seem so much more aggressive? When you’re talking to someone in a local flirt chat room, they will not take too kindly to all caps. Should you accidentally hit the caps lock key and send a message before noticing the mistake, simply apologize and continue the conversation normally.
- Never enter a room or start a conversation asking “A/S/L?” It stands for “age/sex/location?” and the people in these chat rooms are probably going to think you’re rude and do not want to get to know anyone beyond their ASL.
- You shouldn’t feel obligated to continue chatting with someone if you aren’t interested in them
or the conversation. Just tell them that you’re not interested and move on. If they don’t get the hint, you can always block them!
Chat Room Dos:
- When you’re trying to get to know someone in a local flirt chat room, you should always be friendly and personable. The whole point is to be on people’s good side, so they open up to you, remember!
- If you are going to be away from the keyboard and you’re talking to someone, it’s polite to tell them that you’ll be away from the keyboard (you can use the abbreviation, AFK) for a period and you’ll be right back. This short statement will let them know that you aren’t ignoring them or that either party wasn’t disconnected.
- If you are talking to someone in the main chat room and you hit it off, you should always ask them first if it is okay if you send them a private message. Or, even better, you can ask them if they’d like to join you in a private chat room. The private chat room will give you both the opportunity to talk to one another without the distractions of the main chat room, thus enabling you to focus solely on each other.