Article by Anna Letitia Cook
(Part 1 of your fulfilment journey)
Do you consider yourself successful? What do you think helps to be a success? Apart from skills, talents and knowledge what is the key to being able to perform and do well, achieve your objectives and have ever better results? The absolute fundamental, can’t-do-without, essential is good mind-body health!
Just think about the following and rate them in relation to you now and over a few weeks to see your current norm…
How do you feel today? Right now? Both in your personal, and particularly, your professional life…
- Happy or neutral
- Full of energy or tired
- Interested or drifting through just doing what is needed
- Slim, fit and healthy or lethargic and possibly with a few extra kilos or slightly high body fat
- Serene and stress-free or anxious, worried and with definite stress points…
- Sleeping well, and enough, waking refreshed and enthusiastic or troubled and/or unrefreshing sleep patterns
All of this makes an enormous difference to how we go through life, and particularly on how we feel, react and succeed at work.
I am willing to bet that those of you that feel all the positives eat healthily and not too much, exercise regularly (this doesn’t mean having to go to a gym), enjoy enough refreshing sleep and have a positive, serene mindset and mental outlook.
This should be considered an inherent requirement for optimal performance. We are happier, more successful and definitely more productive when we fuel our body and brain by eating the right food for energy, both physically and mentally; as well as being at our fitness peak, on the lean side of slim, doing regular extensive natural daily exercise. Not only does this promote our overall wellness, serenity and physical health but it improves our brain power, resistance, stress management, objectivity, focus, ability, creativity, production and performance.
Living a slim and fit life has great personal benefits and professionally optimises performance, career and business results.
‘To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear..’
ACTION: What are the first steps?
It is essential to focus on, prioritise and implement a really good mind-body health to succeed. Here are some tips to just become more aware of your current state:
Keep a mind-body health journal for the next 3 weeks. Don’t try and make any changes or realignments, just record your usual habits.
- Record exactly what you eat and at what time, and how you feel just before and after you eat…
- Do the same for exercise – any sport, stretching, walking you did however little or much and what circumstances led you to do it
- Note down your sleep pattern, time you went to bed, time you went to sleep, what you were doing just before, did you wake during the night, what time you got up in the morning – your feelings before going to sleep and on waking up.
- Write down your mindset and mental outlook – whether positive, negative, levels of stress and what thought, action or situation preceded them
My gift to you – if you send me your completed journal after 3 weeks, I will look through it and give you personal feedback on the areas you can improve and what to focus on first… 🙂
Anna Letitia Cook is passionate about mentoring women in finding clarity and fulfilment in their life choices. She created and became CEO of her first company in the entertainment industry at age 32. Midlife approaching, hungry for a dynamic change, she refocused her experience, founding WomenUP Ltd to help women shape their own future. www.womenup.global
Creator of the ‘Unstoppable Goddess 4-dimensional Life Design’ and the ‘SCOPE’ process for career fulfilment. Author of ‘Unstoppable Goddess: Every Women’s Guide to Freedom, Fulfilment and Success’, with a second, ‘Glass Ceiling Grans – The Silver Goddess Experience’, already under way.