Welcome to Fab after Fifty

At Fab after Fifty we are passionate about women over fifty making the best of their lives. There has never been a better time to be 50! We'd love you to join in the conversation. Be Seen. Be Heard. Don’t be invisible. Be Fab after Fifty!

Join Free Today!

Join Our Community Today

Join a community of like-minded women making the second half of life the best half! The Fab after Fifty community is all about informing, sharing and inspiring.

It’s always good to share with friends- old and new, so why not make yourself a cup of coffee or pour a glass of wine and join in the conversation.

Get Started!

Style

Check out our latest style tips and picks to look fabulous over 50!

It’s always good to share with friends- old and new, so why not make yourself a cup of coffee or pour a glass of wine and join in the conversation.

Style

Diet and Fitness

The latest in nutrition and fitness to be healthy over 50!

Diet & Fitness

Beauty

Tips to look best possible fabulous YOU!

Beauty

Career

Whether you're setting up a business or looking for employment, make sure you're marketable over 50

Career

Group Admins
  • Profile Photo
    Ceri Wheeldon

Hair and skincare

Public Group  |  active 3 weeks, 4 days ago ago

Share your best anti-ageing finds and tips for fab looking skin and hair – or ask other members for their top tips!

Best skincare tips for women over 50

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Marie Miguel 3 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

said

Hello,

I just thought I’d share this out. My aunt who is in her early 50’s recommended Triple Action Vitamin C Serum by VoilaVe to me and decided to give it a try. I saw what the product made to my aunt’s face, she looks younger, refreshed and her skin is glowing. I’m so happy that I did try this serum it solved my acne problems. I am only 26, but I’ve noticed after I used this for a week, the already-faint lines around my eyes were gone. My face feels smoother and it looks healthier. What’s great with this serum is that it has anti aging ingredient.This product is affordable and works well for me. Also include fruits and green vegetables in your diet, try to avoid oily foods, exercise everyday and drink lots of water. Dehydration causes dryness in the skin and add to making the skin look older. Give it a try :). You can look it up on Amazon.

• There are lots of products that we can actually find anywhere. What matters is how you actually do a little research first, what is this product, is this good for your skin and if you know someone who have actually used it. Just to share a bit about the products that I am using. I have a sensitive skin so all the products that was recommended should be odorless and colorless. I’m only in my 50’s already and having problem with my wrinkles and skin dryness. A friend of mine recommended to me the Triple Action Vitamin C Serum by VoilaVe, which I ordered from Amazon. Vitamin C Serum has an anti aging ingredient and has a powerful anti-oxidant that works on the collagen synthesis and fades pigmentation on the surface of the skin. Check this out too. 🙂

• Anonymous

said

My mom is using the serum called Triple Action Vitamin C Serum by Voilave, she ordered it from Amazon. It is doing exactly what the sellers claim it will do. The dark spots are fading and her face is softer and smoother. And I heard that it has 3 forms of Vitamin C derivatives which works much better than products only containing one Vitamin C and it also has anti-aging ingredient which makes my mom’s face look younger. It’s affordable, better give it a try!

• jennifer

said

Of the several anti aging solutions I have tried over the years, none seemed to have the potency of the 24k Gold Mask from Sakare. It seemly seems to have a magical effect and the texture of my skin today has a radiant and firm appeal. Sakare has wiped off years from my face and I cannot thank it enough.

• Jane

said

Yesterday I brough Hand Chemistry Hyaluronic Acid Concentrate hand & body gel. I read several reviews and undertaken my own research. Goodness me, just after one application my hands really softened & plumbed up. Im a nurse of over 30 years and you can all imagine what my hands have been through. They are now very sensitive to many products ( medical and household) and although hand creams have helped to keep moisturised , nothing really ‘did the trick’. Also I read that this product could be used as a 10 minute face mask- I tried this last night & I was left looking fresh & radiant ( smear a thin coat over your face & neck. I then rinsed off with cold water as didnt know what else to do & then applied a night serum to lock in the moisture). Initally I didnt want to use on my decolletage, but as there was no problem using it on my face & neck, next time I will use it there. It appeared at the outset a bit on the expensive side ( £27 Boots) but you only need a small amount & theres 240ml in a pump bottle. Its certainly my best beauty find of the last several years ,a nd to me a must for us over 50’s! and will turn out to be very economical due to being multi purpose. Im going to start applying a tiny amount above my upper lip to see if it can plump the skin up there as Im starting to get a few fine lines. Against good quality serums containing hyaluronic acid it seems a bargin. Has anyone else used this or any of the other hand creams in this range? I’m probably going to buy the hand cream as well to use during the day. Or has anyone else come across any other uses for this.

• It’s very important to choose cleansers, moisturizers and a skin care routine formulated for your skin type. I love dermatologist Patricia Wexler’s cleansers. They are formulated for mature skin and are affordable.

Wear a decent sunscreen every day. You can’t start too early because sun damage is the No. I prefer tinted sunscreen because it doesn’t leave a white caste on my face and it evens out my skin tone. Neutrogena makes a good drugstore version, but my hands down favorite is the pricey, but fabulous La Roche Posay tinted sunscreen.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Courses (New!)

Follow Us

Why not become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Youtube or Pinterest and enjoy our RSS feed.

Skip to toolbar