P&G have recently teamed up with Carol Vorderman and her Make-up artist Alice Theobold to find out all the best beauty and make-up tips and tricks that will help give women of a CERTAIN age the confidence they need. When we reach our 50s, our beauty regimes often have to adapt to keep up with our changing complexions. Almost all (96.80%) women aged 50-64 say that they admire women who look natural and fabulous, according to research by Victoria.co.uk.* Whether it’s combating drier skin, reviving dull and tired hair or learning the best techniques for mature make-up, Carol and Alice have come together to help you get all the best looks, using some of their favourite products from Superdrug.
Don’t feel old before your time
The video features real women who refuse to feel old before their time and look to celebrate staying fabulous at any age. They are amongst the 7 in 10 women aged 50-64 who are proud to look their age.* Carol and Alice talk through some of the basics, advising them on which types of foundation will complement their skintones, how to give the illusion of lift around the eyes and how to give hair a revitalised look and feel.
Carol asks Alice for advice on tackling anti-gravity eyes, to which Alice explains that your eyes are actually the thinnest area of skin on the whole body. That’s why we have a specific under-eye cream – and when it comes to applying this cream, ‘less is more’.
Alice also responds to Carol’s questions about hair getting coarser and changing colour. She explains that ‘the hair does change because the white hairs are actually thicker. Using Pantene Repair and Protect shampoo and conditioner will act as a de-humidifier, so that when you’re out, if you’ve got more moisture in your hair, then your hair won’t be seeking it from the outside’.
Alice also suggests what products to use, in order to give your skin a youthful glow, without looking shiny, whilst also covering up age spots. Her final words of wisdom are, ‘Love your skin, and it will love you back!’
Joined by three Victoria.co.uk fans, Alice and Carol make it simple, easy and fun! Check out our video to find out all the best tips!
P&G is offering great savings on selected products in Superdrug stores until 23rd August. Check in store for more details.
Tips for women over 50
Alice’s top tips:
- Use an eye cream like Olay Regenerist Eye Lifting Serum on the delicate skin around the eye dabbing on a small amount with your finger and letting it sink in.
- Accentuate and define your eyes. Use a volumising mascara to create the illusion of thicker and fuller lashes. A couple of coats will add a bit of drama.
- Use a repairing shampoo and conditioner to combat coarser drier hair. Pantene Repair and Protect will help nourish from root to tip.
- Always incorporate SPF into your skin care routine, Maxfactor Face Finity All Day Flawless combines, foundation, primer and concealer with SPF 20.
- Lip liners will help define your lips and help give them a fuller look.
- Make sure you aren’t aging your smile with stained teeth – a dazzling smile will always help your confidence and put a spring in your step.
Carol Vorderman is part of P&G’s latest campaign championing women of a CERTAIN age, Victoria.co.uk.
* The ‘Women of a CERTAIN Age’ Study comprised 6,400 women aged 50-64 in UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Russia and Belgium and was conducted by CensusWide in October 2015.