The Fabafterfifty community site has been for women to connect with like-minded women to connect with others to share, inspire and support each other as they navigate the second half of their lives. It is intended to offer a warm, friendly and supportive discussion forum for women who are, or aspire to be, fabulous over 50.
We want to make sure that everybody is able to enjoy what the community has to offer, and as much we hate to have rules, we have have had to create a few to make sure every member is able to enjoy being part of the community. We know and appreciate that the majority of our members act responsibly and respectfully towards other members, and are thankful for this.
These Community Rules outline what we consider to be acceptable behaviour and language on the forums, groups and comments sections. By registering with Fabafterfifty and using the facilities provided, you are agreeing to abide by these Community Rules.
Racism, homophobia and religious intolerance are forbidden topics in the forums. Please do not post anything that might fall into these categories
- Behave in an insulting, threatening, rude or provoking manner to another Fabafterfifty community member.
- Be hateful towards a specific group of people. These discussions are open to people from all backgrounds.
- Swear, use hate-speech or make obscene or vulgar comments
- Break the law. This includes posting material which is in breach of copyright or defamatory, or which condones or promotes illegal activity. It also includes posts which amount to a contempt of court (* see note).
- Post spamming content (posting/sending the same comment, topic or Private Message multiple times). This includes chain emails.
- Advertise commercial interests or post surveys.
- Impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation.
- Post in a language other than English. Unfortunately we don’t have the resources to support multi-lingual discussion.
- Discuss other members disrespectfully on the site or post anyone’s personal details or private messages without their permission.
- Make posts that are not relevant to the topic being discussed or in the spirit of a community discussion.
- Use multiple accounts. Only one account per person and one person using an account are permitted. This includes banned accounts.
- Use avatars/user pictures/images that contain images of a sexual nature, or contain offensive language. This includes using the site to overtly invite sexual liaisons or contain explicit sexual content in profiles, personal messaging, forum posts or blogs.
(* Contempt occurs via publication of material which carries a substantial risk of seriously prejudicing criminal proceedings; great care is required to avoid this from the moment a person is arrested or charged. Do not, for example, speculate on an accused’s guilt or innocence or the conduct of witnesses, or hypothesize about possible previous convictions and the outcome of a trial.)
Any posts, content or behaviour, which violate these Community Rules, may be edited or removed altogether by Fabafterfifty Hosts in their absolute discretion and we reserve the right to suspend or ban any users who continually break these Community Rules.
Some parts of the site are available for viewing by non-members, ie members that are not logged in. You should assume that all posts in the community section and comments on posts and articles are public.
We reiterate again that you are responsible for the information that you post in the open areas, so please do be cautious if it is of a sensitive nature. Again, we would like to stress that we want to create a warm, supportive environment for women to connect.
Thank you. Here’s to living fabulously!